your selected nation. To approach this part, you should make a valid judgement on the current economic status of your selected nation and identify the key issues emerged in the nation’s current economy. provide 2-3 suggestions in the context of this country. Your argument should be justified and supported by relevant references.
GETTING STARTED FOR THE PRESENTATION
a) Select the topic — name of the country and get it approved by the lecturer before week 4,
b) Book an in-class presentation time with the lecturer (maybe preannounced),
c) Collect the information of your country through desk research,
d) Present at least 10 images to be formed into slides for the presentation,
e) Prepare the presentation slide and group report,
f) Rehearse the presentation in front of your friends and families or another group member,
g) Upload the presentation, group report and supporting materials (if any) on and before the submission date (Week 9),
h) Make the presentation in the class.
Unit Learning Outcomes addressed:
1) Explain the basic microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts
2) Discuss the micro and macroeconomic environment’s effect on business activities In the economy
3) Identify current economic issues, both domestic and International
4) Apply economic concepts and models to a range of economic Issues and explain their use
G( luPpTal IPZ:nttaat =GI I ri ue PcoRi=ctrt;d WI „e:Ika:s I:Werk 93.1-11.
Week 11. Your lecturer will Inform groups in advance.)
Every student within a group consisting of 3 —4 members is required to
research and explore the issue. A group report on the task (no more than 1500 words) and the presentation slides and report should be submitted In Moodle before the submission deadline (Week 9).
Out of 100 marks. Group Oral presentation -50%, Group Written Report — SO%
20% (10% for Group Presentation and 10% for Group Report)
Students are advised that any submissions past the due date without an approved extension or
without approved extenuating circumstances incur a 596 penalty per calendar day,
E.g. a task marked ouctOr4ncillfirZirtah2titarikmpernkalty per calendar day.
More Information, LI:ssemr:f,e,r,l(Dyozmer:zeSstu_dLeognt inik_e= Forms POLICY —
Students will be divided into groups of 3-4 members. The group is to give a group oral presentation and group report on the topic listed in the assessment brief. The softcopy of the presentation slides, group report (no more than 1500 words) and other supporting materials (if any) are to be uploaded in the Moodle on or before the scheduled submission date (Week 9).
ASSESSMENT TOPIC AND REQUIREMENTS
a. Find the most current published national economic statistics report of any country you want to do the research on (e.g., 2018 or 2019 annual national economic statistics). Please get your selected country approved by your lecture by the end of Week 4.
For Example — If group members select that, they want to conduct their research study on CHINA. We can use the below mentioned link from google to find their national economic statistics —
The objective of this task is that you get the feel of a real-life example of country’ economies and apply your
economic knowledge and analytical capabilities to evaluate a country’s economic status.
b. Read the national economic components from the data provided on their government website and write a report after completing the following tasks:
1. Provide a brief introduction of the country (e.g., geographic, demographic and economic information) you have selected.
2. List out the current key national economic statistics of the country (see listed below) and briefly discuss the trends of these economic indicators over the past five years. Please evaluate what are the key factors contributing to these changes and support your argument with relevant references and examples.
• Gross Domestic Production (GDP)
• Consumer Price Index (CPI)
• Inflation rate
• Unemployment rate
• Interest rate
3. Provide an explanation on the composition of the current GDP of your selected country and briefly discuss how has each GPD component changed over the past five years. Please also provide and the reasons behind these changes. Please support your argument with examples and references.
• : fl’°„-essutrrin,Per
• Government expenditure
• Net exports
4. Comment on the fluctuation of the CPI and inflation rate in the selected nation and briefly discuss how does that impact on the various aspects of people’s living standard (e.g., their consumption power, income level, employment status and so on). Please specify your evaluation based on the context of your select nation.
5. Imagine that you are invited to develop the fiscal policy with the reserve bank/central bank of your selected nation with the aim of stabilizing the inflation rate, reducing the unemployment rate and boosting the overall national economy. Please provide 2-3 valid advice based on your findings and the key economic statistics in
‘,,==tfe.„.,, 2016 ABN 49 003 577 302 CRIC7i41::::01:2:171eE,Au.:’,T:074.1.::::/9i. 024.-5,