You are required to prepare for this Assessment Item by:
- READING the Subject outline,
- COMPLETING Topic 2 Project Planning
- BUILDING your PLAN up from the Project Title and Abstract in Assessment Task 1
WHAT TO DO:
- Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics in Interact as they provide a “scaffold” for your learning in this subject.
- Develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
- MicrosoftProject Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/);
- Open source tools like GanttProject (http://www.ganttproject.biz/);
- OpenProject (https://www.openproject.org/about).
- ProjectLibre (http://www.projectlibre.org/)
- Begin using the ‘project blog‘ as a tool beyond the weekly progress reportsfor your chosen emerging technology topic:
- The blog helps you to “think by writing” and also store your notes, project files and links in a cloud-based service.
- Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each other’s knowledge.
- The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
Project Plan Sample Format
(subject to change or modified to include systems development projects)
- Title: Emerging Technology and Innovation Topic
- Project Blog ( Web address provided)
- Weekly Progress Reports Plan (In class, Discussion Board or Project Blog entries)
- Problem domain
- Purpose and justification
- Supervisor Approval
- Research Questions
- Conceptual or Theoretical Framework
- Analysis of sources of information (EndNote, APA Referencing Style)
- Research method(s)
- Data collection or systems design methods
- Ethical Issues
- Compliance Requirements (Workplace, Industry or Government regulations)
- Project Plan
- Deliverables (Annotated Bibliography, Journal Paper, Report, Seminar)
- Work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Risk Analysis
- Gantt chart
- Appendix (if required)