XAB011 Assessment Task 2 – Oral Presentation Nursing
Due Date: Week 10
Prepare and deliver a 3-minute oral presentation on one of the topics below.
You are able to use PowerPoint slides and/or visuals to support your presentation, but they are not necessary.
You also need to submit a 200-word summary of your presentation topic at the end of Week
9 into the Assessment folder marked “Oral Presentation and Summary” on myLO. This is just a short paragraph overview of your presentation topic. It is NOT your presentation, or slides. Due date for summary: Sunday 11 April
Please note, this summary is not marked separately, but is a part of the assessment criteria.
You will choose ONE of the topics below to present on.
• What are the benefits of engaging in a hobby? Choose a hobby or interest you have. Describe what it is and how you feel when participating. What are the specific benefits you have found by engaging in this activity?
• Research a theory presented in this unit so far and present your findings i.e. Strengths-based approach, Reflective practice, Motivations, Time Management, Engagement and Flow, Self Determination Theory, Goal Setting Theory etc.
• Explain the benefis of a strengths-based approach in education.
• Choose 4 of your strengths. How will you apply them in your prosective career. Give an example for each.
• Reflect on your prospective career. What does it entail? What are some of the roles and responsibilities in your chosen career? What lead you to this choice? What are the current opportunities in this area in Tasmania?
• What does a student need in place to succeed at University?
You have TWO options.
1. You can present in the online workshop you attend. Please email yor workshop facilitator (Flo or Amy) to advise if you would like to present IN CLASS in Week 10.
2. Alternatively you are able to record your presentation and upload the video to myLO in the assessment submission box by MONDAY 12 APRIL 11.59pm.
Whatever option you choose, you are still requested to come along to the workshop in Week 10 to support the students presenting live.
Both options will need to submit a 200-word written summary of your presentation by Sunday Week 9 . This will not be marked as part of the assessment but is part of the assessment criteria.
If presenting live, you will need a working camera and microphone.
If you do not have this set up currently, it is your responsibility to be ready to present in Week 10. Please contact your workshop facilitatorif you need to discuss anything further.
Presentation Summary in by Sunday 11 April 11.59pm
Oral Presentations – Week 10 Workshop time.
You should refer to the Assessment Task Rubric to make sure that you are addressing the criteria that you will be marked against.
XAB011 Oral Presentation Nursing
3 minute oral presentation on one of the themes listed below.
PowerPoint slides and/or visuals can help support your presentation, but they are not required.
At the end of Week 9, upload a 200-word summary of your presentation topic into the “Oral Presentation and Summary” folder on myLO. An outline of your presentation topic in one paragraph. NOT your slides or presentation. Summary due: Sunday, April 11
This summary is part of the assessment criteria and is not noted separately.
You will present on ONE of the themes below.
• What are the advantages of hobbies? Pick a hobby or interest. Describe it and how it makes you feel. What unique advantages have you gained from this activity?
(Strengths-based approach, Reflective practice, Motivations, Time Management, Engagement and Flow), Self Determination Theory (goals setting theory), etc.
• Describe the advantages of a strengths-based education.
• Pick 4 strengths. How will you use them in your career? Exemplify each.
• Consider your future career. What is it? What are some of your job duties and responsibilities? Justify your decision. What are the current Tasmanian opportunities?
• What does a student need to succeed in college?
Options 2 & 3.
1. You can present at an online workshop. If you like to present IN CLASS in Week 10, please email your workshop facilitator (Flo or Amy).
A video recording of your presentation must be uploaded to myLO by MONDAY 12 APRIL 11.59pm.
Regardless of your choice, you must attend the Week 10 workshop to support the students presenting live.
Both alternatives require a 200-word written summary by Sunday Week 9. This is not part of the assessment but is part of the criterion.
a functional camera and microphone if presenting live.
If you don’t have this set up yet, you must be ready to present in Week 10. If you have any questions, please contact your workshop facilitator.
Due Sunday, April 11, 11.59 p.m.
Presentations orales de la semaine 10.
Refer to the Assessment Task Rubric to ensure you are meeting the criteria.